[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl vs. mysqldump

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 14:27:10 UTC 2017

Something has gone seriously wrong with an older version of mythbuntu
(12.04) on my machine, so I am planning to start over with the latest
version.  So I tried to use mythconverg_backup.pl.  It ran, but created a
zero-byte file.  I suspect this has something to do with the malfunction on
the current installation.  Is there any difference between using this
script and doing a mysqldump of mythconverg?  If so what do I need to do to
manually back up all the DB info needed to restore on the new install?