[mythtv-users] vdpau errors using nvidia-drivers-381.22

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 14:58:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Michael Heironimus <mkh01 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> In the case of my failures, the xine player worked. However just like
> you, I never checked to see if it was failing over to xv or something
> else. I have that set to auto, so that may well be what was happening.

Interestingly, just as a test I went back to 381.22 temporarily and
discovered that xine is in fact managing to use VDPAU on the video
that fails in MythTV. Not sure what the difference is, though xine
would be using a newer ffmpeg (media-video/ffmpeg-3.2.4). Note however
that the user who reported the same issue on that nvidia forum was
having these issues in mplayer.

Tom