[mythtv-users] Pixelation with VDPAU and one channel

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 00:32:20 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

> When watching a recording from this channel with VDPAU decoding, every 15
> seconds or so there is pixelation on 20% to 50% of the screen. I have tried
> this on 4 machines all equipped with NVIDIA Geforce 210 and they all show
> the problem.

I have this recollection that the GT218 (inside a branded GeForce 210)
is just "barely" able to perform decode/de-interlace 1080i.  And as this
(newly) O&O NBC channel may have chosen to encode slightly
differently as part of the transition, you may have hit some limit with
that card with that encoding.  If viable, I would try a (gen/rev 2) GT630
or GT730 to see if the problem persists (for they are (or were) cheap
and available in low profile silent configs, if you need that).