[mythtv-users] Help with error: Invalid UE golomb code

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Tue Jul 4 14:33:48 UTC 2017

On 04-07-2017 14:22, John Pilkington wrote:

> On 04/07/17 10:29, John Pilkington wrote: On 04/07/17 09:40, mikkel at broerne.dk wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Looks like there is a patch?
> I haven't seen one.  I've just been trying to select stuff from google. But the only reference to get_ue_golomb that I find in the myth code, outside ffmpeg, is in
>
> libs/libmythtv/mpeg/H264Parser.cpp
>
> And there's external/FFmpeg/libavcodec/tests/golomb.c
>
> which looks as if it might be instructive if I knew how to point it at something.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
 As far as I can see I have no issues with tunes, recording etc. and I
would therefore suspect it is a bug.
I don't think so.  It's telling you about a badly encoded stream.

            av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Invalid UE golomb code\n");
            return AVERROR_INVALIDDATA;

>> Do you think I can turn down the level of logging in mythtv - just to remove the "noise" it makes in my logging?
>> cheers
>> Mik
>
> H264Parser is used in dtvrecorder.cpp which is clearly within the backend.
>
> I once asked about a repetitive log, and IIRC grep -v was suggested.  A kludge but might be workable.  But do you have any idea what is happening at the logged time?  Mainly I use boxes with no ability to receive muxes with h264 content, so it's not surprising that I haven't noticed this message.

badly encoded stream so maybe updating libavcodec could be the answer?