[mythtv-users] zero-touch provisioned mythfrontend appliance

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 3 16:39:53 UTC 2017

On 03/07/17 15:03, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just FYI:
>
> Recently I was working on zero-touch provisioning aspect of MiniMyth2 and achieve state where adding frontend appliance requires ONLY PXE boot enabling in BIOS
> (assuming You have properly prepared PXE server).
>
> So whole procedure of adding frontend can be more-or-less following:
>
> 1.enter BIOS/EFI
> 2.enable PXE Boot
> 3.connect Ethernet cable; power ON
> 4.you should have fully functional frontend
>
> Also I enriched MiniMyth2 site with set of PXE setup automation scripts for vanilla UBUNTU/FEDORA installations.
> Interested ppl may look at "Download" tab on hxxp://minimyth2.homenet.org
>
> or get them from following links:
>
> hxxp://warped.homenet.org/install-on-vanilla-ubuntu.sh
>
> hxxp://warped.homenet.org/install-on-vanilla-fedora.sh
>
> Just download script, launch in terminal and follow the white rabbit….err instructions on terminal :-)
>
> happy watching!

I used to use minimyth so I thought I'd have a look round.

Problem 1: "hxxp://" is not a protocol known to Firefox, at least

Problem 2: minimyth2.homenet.org just gives me a blank page. Looking at the page source, I think it
is supposed to redirect me somewhere, but nothing happens if I click the redirect link.

--

Mike Perkins