[mythtv-users] zero-touch provisioned mythfrontend appliance

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:03:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just FYI:

Recently I was working on zero-touch provisioning aspect of MiniMyth2 and achieve state where adding frontend appliance requires ONLY PXE boot enabling in BIOS
(assuming You have properly prepared PXE server).

So whole procedure of adding frontend can be more-or-less following:

1.enter BIOS/EFI
2.enable PXE Boot
3.connect Ethernet cable; power ON
4.you should have fully functional frontend

Also I enriched MiniMyth2 site with set of PXE setup automation scripts for vanilla UBUNTU/FEDORA installations.
Interested ppl may look at "Download" tab on hxxp://minimyth2.homenet.org

or get them from following links:

hxxp://warped.homenet.org/install-on-vanilla-ubuntu.sh

hxxp://warped.homenet.org/install-on-vanilla-fedora.sh

Just download script, launch in terminal and follow the white rabbit….err instructions on terminal :-)

happy watching!