[mythtv-users] Question about H.265

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 15:15:22 UTC 2017

On 01/30/2017 11:58 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Additionally depending on your frontend hardware and playback profiles
> you may need a video card that will decode it or switch back to
> software decoding...
>
> if using an nvidia card you'll need atleast a Feature Set F card

Practically speaking, almost any system (except raspberry pi) will
seamlessly switch to software decoding without you noticing any problem.
I have a 32 bit Dell system purchased in 2004 running as a frontend with
an old and cheap NVidia that does not support H265 and the system plays
H265 perfectly. If you are using raspberry pi I can confirm it will not
work.