[mythtv-users] Frontend Raspberry Pi setup issues

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:33:15 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

> I suppose I should try that one on the RPi machine too.

Yes, it would certainly be worth trying the connectivity steps from the
RPi to be sure that base communication between the frontend and backend
works.

The point from Mark about ensuring that the network is up and running
before starting the frontend is very important too.

If the network is not running, then the frontend will fail to connect to
the backend and will instead display the connection settings screen.

If you are curious how I did this on Raspbian, you can check out the
startup script I use in a tutorial I wrote.  See:

Setting Up an Inexpensive Raspberry Pi 2 as a Cheap Frontend to MythTV
with MythFrontend -- Set MythFrontend to Auto-start on Boot
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend#smtaob

This script might not be the most elegant, however, it has been tested
and works correctly on three different MythTV installations.

Curtis