[mythtv-users] Frontend Raspberry Pi setup issues

networks1 at cox.net networks1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 28 20:38:26 UTC 2017

I am trying to set up a remote frontend on a Raspberry Pi 3.  I got everything installed, and when I launched the frontent it took me to settings, and then to a screen for backend setip.  It said it couldn't connect to the server, so I corrected the setup to match the settings of the frontend running on the same machine as the backend.  I selected finish, whereupon the screen went black.  After restarting the screen is still black.  So I have three questions:

How do I get out of the black screen situation from safe mode?  After waiting a long time (a day or something) I was able to get back to the Raspian desktop by hitting esc, but need quicker turnaround.

Do I need to set selinux permissions on the Pi machine and/or the backend machine to enable the connection?  The wiki doesn't say anything about this.  If not how can i troubleshoot the connection problems?

Could something besides the backend connection issues be causing the black screen situation?

TIA.....Steve