[mythtv-users] Centon Infinitv 4 Card Not Found

Zach Scholes zskullz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:01:22 UTC 2017

I am having an issue setuping up a centon Infinitv 4 Card installed in the
same box as mythtv is running. I have the drivers compiled and installed, i
can see the interface in ifconfig, activated the cable card, and am able to
stream channels to mplayer.

I added the interfaces using mythtv-setup with the IP address set to the
default of 192.168.200.1 (the same that I can access the web config page
for it) and set the tuners as 0 - 3 for each separate interface.

I then went to add the interfaces to the video source but when I click to
get the channels from the source nothing happens and if I try scan it shows
card not found.

Am I missing any steps here?

Mythtv is running on Ubuntu 16.04
One thing I noticed is that the interface name in ifconfig is not CTN but
uses the new naming convention added in Ubuntu 15.10.  I'm wondering if
myth TV is specifically looking for an interface named CTN?

Also my home network is on a 172.x.x.x subnet and of course the card is on
the 192.168.200.x subnet. I'm wondering if this matters?

I've exhaustively searched google to no avail. I followed the myth TV wiki
for setting up the card, although it is out of date and found the previous
user on here that asked about the RTP flag and saw a response that it was
removed and RTP should work by default.

Any help, suggestions, wild guesses would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Zach