[mythtv-users] LIRC problem: hardware does not support sending

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 21:33:56 UTC 2017

On 23/01/17 22:16, bigboi at wackywombats.com wrote:

> Alec,
>
> What driver should I be using? I'm not at my home computer right now so
> I'm not sure what it is currently. Where does the driver get set?

The short reply is 'it depends'. Are you using the same usb device to
send and receive data? or is it like send-only?

You could make a simple test, assuming USB hardware: Pull out the usb
dongle and then re-insert it. If it's like I suspect, a new device
/dev/lirc0 will be created when you insert your USB  plug. If so, the
driver should be 'default' and device '/dev/lirc0'

If you using the same device to receive data you could (should?) use
mode2(1) to check the settings. A command like

     mode2 --driver default --device /dev/lirc0

should output pulse/space durations when receiving data. Examples in the
mode2 manpage (a. k a. RTFM :) )

But, I made a lot of assumptions here -  many of which might be wrong...

Cheers!

--alec