[mythtv-users] Transcoding/Commercial Cut User jobs

Ben bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jan 20 02:43:20 UTC 2017

hey all,

Now that's I've switched up to 0.28 and am back on OTA having cut the comcast cord, I'd like to start archiving movies I record on some of the "flash-back" stations.

 Don't laugh -  but I've been a pretty light user of some of the really cool features of Myth over the last 17years I've used it -- BUT....

here we go...

So -- after reading the MythTV Wiki on user jobs and looking at some of the scripts people have written...

I thought I'd get some feedback as to any additional things I could do or make sure to avoid when setting up these user jobs.

Can auto-cut be trusted or should user review of commercial marks be a "must do"?

Can transcode always be trusted or, again, should review of a copy be done?

Also, any particular transcode settings that are best for HD vs SD (a lot of the classic movies are being shown in SD, but I also like keeping my episodes of NOVA and other neato PBS stuff in HD)

There's reading the Wiki -- and then there's "in practice" -- I'd like to hear some opinions.

Thanks a bunch,

 -Ben