[mythtv-users] What display manager (and window manager) to choose

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Jan 18 07:31:34 UTC 2017

Hello!

I would like to know what display manager and window manager people
are using.

I used to have a line in /etc/inittab but I think that method
was deprecated in one Debian update a year or more ago.

I then started to use SLiM and recently changed to LightDM.

For my Debian (Jessie/stable) MythTV system I use XFCE4, but I have
a problem (with both SLiM and LightDM) that it sometimes fails to
autologin. It feels like a race condition where it attempts to
autologin before the window manager is fully started.

So I would be happy if people could tell me what combination of
display manager and window manager you are using.

It must support autologin but doesn't have to be fancy or anything.

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson