[mythtv-users] What are my options for DTV recording in the US?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Jan 17 20:00:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017, 2:26 PM Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I run four HDHRs and their associated four tuners off an old ATX power
> supply.  Likely more efficient and definitely more reliable.  And it only
> cost me a couple bucks to buy the barrel plug pigtails.
>

> Link to barrel plug pig tails?

I had these from an LED lighting project
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NQ4M5RS/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
You can find just the male ones if you look.  Get the 5.5x2.1mm.

Connected them to one of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000067SLY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484682833&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=molex+splitter&dpPl=1&dpID=41XV0vGiStL&ref=plSrch
.

 Just cut off the male connectors and wire the red and one of the blacks to
the pigtail for 5v for the HDHR.  My tuners were 12v, so they got yellow
and black.  If your using a standalone ATX psychological, you will need to
jumper the green wire in the mobile connector to ground to turn it on.

Simple project.