[mythtv-users] How to tell if HD PVR is still working?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Mon Jan 16 23:51:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

My OS hard drive failed so I put a new drive in an installed fedora on it. After I installed mythtv (which was working perfectly prior to the OS disk failing) and restored from my backup db files I noticed that the HD PVR doesn’t seem to be working. I don’t get a /dev/video0 and I noticed that it isn’t showing up in the lsusb output (which I think it should).

Is there any way to tell if it has stopped working? The power is on, I have tried multiple USB ports and it still doesn’t show up. It is many years old, so it could have died but it’s hard to tell.

Thanks for any help!

Paul