[mythtv-users] Scan does not work

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jan 16 12:08:35 UTC 2017

Hi
I’m using the (suse) distro rpm, which says very little: mythbackend version:  [v0.28] www.mythtv.org

I have scanned my videos in the past. I renamed some to show season and episode. I rescaned with
mythutils —scanvideos on the backend machine.
On various frontends the videos have kept the old name.
I dump the database and can see the new names, so scan did do *something*.

Poking around

select title,filename from videometadata;
+---------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| title                                 | filename                              |
+---------------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| DMCatsNSharks1                        | DMCatsNSharks5_7.avi                  |
| DMCtlAltDel15                         | DMCtlAltDel157_5.avi                  |
| DMDoctorIsOut16                       | DMDoctorIsOut7_8.avi                  |
| DMEducation14                         | DMEducation7_4.avi                    |
| etc etc

So the TITLE is the original name
and FILENAME is the current name

what is going on?
Can the scan be dropped and scan done again?

Thanks
James