[mythtv-users] No Scheduled Recordings after Update

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 14 23:22:55 UTC 2017

On 01/14/2017 02:30 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 01/14/2017 12:15 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

>>> Some more information.  I did try restarting the backend, thinking it
>>> did not find the tuners, but that did not help.
>>
>> This sort of error is usually the result of a mysql config error.
>> Everything is still there, but the BE/FE is not talking to the mysql
>> server.
>>
>> Of course, this makes little sense when they are on the same box! But
>> as sailors say  "Shift happens" And the 'f' is silent.
>>
>> Check that you can access mythconverg from the mysql console, then
>> check the mythtv setup. The default mythbuntu may have been forced to
>> 127.0.0.1 while your old setup used an actual IP and skip-networking
>> is set wrong. etc. etc.
>>
>> Geoff

> Can you provide me instructions on how to "Check that you can access
> mythconverg from the mysql console"?  FWIW, the MythTV frontend and
> mythweb both show my existing recordings and listings data correctly,
> just no scheduled recordings.  I would have thought that if the mysql
> database was borked, that those would not work either.
>
> Jay

I think I have resolved this.  I checked the mythbackend log
(/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log) and found errors with the recorded
match tables and reports that the CFG DB was corrupted.  I guess it got
corrupted during the mythbuntu update process.  Fortunately, I have a
cron job that does a mythconverg_backup every day, so I was successfully
able to do a CFG DB restore (stop frontend, stop backend,
mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --filename
mythconverg-1317-20170114020001.sql.gz).  I restarted the backend and
frontend, and my programs are once again scheduled.  Yeah.

Jay