[mythtv-users] Random recordings...

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jan 9 17:57:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 11:45:25AM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 01/09/2017 08:32 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >  Looks like somehow it's just recording the wrong show, when I do the
> > above I get the recording schedule for my wife's "Say Yes to the Dress"...
> >
> Perhaps that recording rule has the setting "This series only". The
> schedules may have set the series id of "600 lb" to the same id as "Say
> Yes to the dress". I have been caught out with "This series only"
> setting and I recommend leave that unchecked.

Programs with the same seriesid will always be matched.  The "This
series only" filter only prevents programs from other series with the
same title from matching.  It's usually harmless to have checked as
there aren't that many different series with the same title.  Still,
it's best to leave unchecked unless it's known to be needed.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net