[mythtv-users] How to disable mythlogserver

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:34:45 UTC 2017

On 01/08/2017 03:04 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> I've had dozens of freeze-ups while watching recordings on Mythtv v-14.04.  I just came across a thread that implies it might be associated with
> Mythlogserver.  I would like to disable Mythlogserver, and from the wiki:
>
> In 0.27, the /--nologserver/ command line option has been added and if used, |mythlogserver| will not be started
>
> Does anyone know where this needs to be added?

v29-pre here, but try: mythbackend --help nologserver for detail and then
you've probably got a file in /etc/init called mythtv-backend.conf. Edit
it and add the --nologserver to the mythbackend command line along with
other things already there, like --syslog.

I'd be sure to make a comment in the file like this:
# --nologserver isn't available in 0.28+ (the logserver
# is disabled by default at build time.

There may be a /etc/mythtv/additional.args file available, but I'd
suggest not using it for this because it's easier to forget about.
Going to 16.04 and above switches you to systemd and the default
.service also looks at that file. By putting it in /etc/init,
it will automatically go away.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlogserver may also be of help.

--
Bill