[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH Cooling Fan?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 02:20:19 UTC 2017

On Jan 5, 2017 3:02 PM, "Peter Bennett" <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

This is the fan I am using

AC Infinity AI-MPF120A Quiet 120mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation
Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G05A2MU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G05A2MU/ref=oh_aui_
detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The fan has been running since July 2015. The one I have came with a USB
power adaptor and has an on/off switch. It seems the new ones have a multi
speed controller and do not come with a power adaptor.

I would not recommend running the fan off the Ceton USB power, rather get a
USB power adaptor for the fan if it does not have one.

Heh... That's what I ordered last night, or else it was one of the 120mm
clones listed on Amazon. Thanks for the advice.

I had decided that the mini-USB type A port was too rare/unique/odd-ball to
bother hunting down a cable or adapter for, so I went on Amazon and picked
out a suitable 120mm fan and add-on filter for it to try and keep the Ceton
from getting clogged with dust (or at least take longer to happen).

--
Craig.