[mythtv-users] Duplicate channels

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:07:23 UTC 2017

On 2 January 2017 at 23:17, Paul Raison <paul at raison.org.uk> wrote:
> No need to do that, use the service ids and look up those on the lyngsat
> website:-
>
> http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html
>
> That will tell you what the regions are for each SID.

Excellent. Thank you. That explains ITV, etc.

Where do the SIDs come from? Do they change? If I use the SIDs in my
post-scan SQL to organise the channels, am I likely to have to update
it every time?

Does that mean the duplicate BBC2HD channels must be from multiple
scans that somehow Myth didn't recognise as duplicate?

chanid  channum name    serviceid
8940    102     BBC Two HD      6940
57411   102     BBC Two HD      6940

Why does Myth not complain about non-unique channum entries?

How does Myth decide which channel to take when there are non-unique
channum entries?

Regards

Jeff