[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:02:10 UTC 2017

Finally, I converted to an IP tuner (SiliconDust HDHomeRun). Since then,
the only reasons programs don't record is if the antenna signal isn't
adequate (several of the TV stations I record are over 70 miles from my
antenna). In my experience, an IP tuner was by far the best solution.

HD HomeRuns are fantastic. They cost more but are very solid. They are also
very useful if you decide you want to virtualise your backend as you don't
have to try to get PCI or USB passthrough working.