[mythtv-users] Duplicate channels

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 2 21:51:31 UTC 2017

On 02/01/17 21:17, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 1 January 2017 at 20:01, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>> Assuming that you are using Freeview DVB-T/T2 in a problem-free location
>> with a good antenna in the service area of a single transmitter, you should
>> be able to control which muxes you get by using the 'transport editor.'
>
> Apologies. I should have mentioned that I am using freesat DVB-S/S2.

Perhaps I should have recognised this from the channel data that you
quoted.  I have no experience of DVB-S/S2.  In principle I suppose my
suggestion could apply but I have no idea if the inter-transport-links
exist in the satellite transmissions. Over to someone else, I'm afraid.

>> I've just returned home and reset my laptop within a few minutes by deleting
>> all DVB channels and transports, entering only the frequency, b/w,
>> modulation scheme and system of the main HD mux here (770000000 Hz, 8MHz,
>> QAM-256, DVB-T2) and scanning all known transports with inter-transport
>> links enabled.  Here that doesn't find the BBC FOUR HD and one other HD mux,
>> but their details are web-listed and easily entered: a second scan then
>> gives 9 transports, 173 channels, no duplicates.
>
> That takes quite a bit more than just a few minutes on my BE/FE combo.

Only the linked transports are scanned in the DVB-T case; if the link
info is good it's quick.