[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

bkamen at benjammin.net bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jan 2 20:54:34 UTC 2017

> All said, I doubt that your going to be satisfied with anything on the
> market if you have had a functional Mythtv system in the past... they all
> seem to lack the flexiblity and power of mythtv.

Agreed.

Plex doesn't handle storage pools very well. When you ask it to record a
show, it required you assign on what storage that show will be saved.

You can't create pools of disks and then let the DVR handle where to put
stuff like MythTV does.

IIRC, it wasn't able to handle multiple streams in a tuner either.

It's handling of broken or missed shows isn't as well thought out.

One of the reasons I eventually canned using it was it had problems with
its own recordings that OTA would sometimes transmit glitches. When the
transcoder would go back to make thumbnails and stuff, the transcoder
would crash out ungracefully and cause general system problems.

 -Ben