[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 02:43:15 UTC 2017

On 2 January 2017 5:47:12 AM Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/01/2017 16:12, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>
>> That is where you should be devoting your attention instead of dumping
>> what you have and ending up with something else that won't work either -
>> because it wasn't the equipment at fault in the first place.
>
> Agreed. I'm just not sure how to get to the bottom of it. I don't know
> how to use/search log files, or what to look for, or what commands to use.
>
> Thanks fro your comments Mike,
> Damian
Working through the log files can be a pain particularly if it is not
something you are familiar with. Whether the time it takes is beneficial
overall is only something you can answer given your circumstances.

All I can suggest is put a log file on your preferred file sharing platform
and link it in a thread here with a description of the problem / symptoms
and see if someone can help. A clean log file is preferred (ie from most
recent startup to problem occuring) even if it is a number of days long. If
you have trouble getting the log files post your OS and someone will
hopefully give a few quick pointers on location etc.