[mythtv-users] Thinking of moving on from MythTV :-( Any suggestions? (for the UK)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 00:38:28 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> This also means, as I have found, that I can't use a bandpass (or notch)
> filter any longer to reduce interference from other transmitters. I just
> have to grit my teeth and grind my way through the transport scanner,
> removing those I identify as not being relevant.

There are (often expensive) single channel notch/pass filters
available, but they are targeted to a different customer base.
There are also tuner/decoder/re-encoder solutions to allow
one to pick and choose and remux/modulate everything.
But they get really expensive (you essentially are becoming
your own cable system).  So, it is possible, just not viable
(unless you enjoy playing TV headend engineer).