[mythtv-users] UK TV listings

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:16:02 UTC 2017

On 31/12/16 16:49, Paul Harrison wrote:
> There is also the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite xmltv grabber which is what I
> use since it's more efficient but I don't think it's available in a
> released version of XMLTV yet only available in the latest snapshots or
> from the source repo.

Paul,

I recently had occasion to try the zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber (whereas I
usually use the sd_json grabber), and found it to be considerably slower
and more resource-hungry.

Perhaps this was due to the fact that I hadn't found how to configure
the zz grabber to only fetch the channels I actually use, as opposed to
fetching all channels it thinks are available at my location.

So anyway, I don't mean to pick an argument with you, but rather to use
the opportunity to point out that configuration of the grabber
potentially has a much greater effect on resource usage than the choice
of grabber.

Best wishes, Jan