[mythtv-users] Issues with tmbd3 matching - looking for input

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Feb 28 21:54:12 UTC 2017

On 02/28/2017 10:42 AM, Angela wrote:

> Thanks Angela,
>
> I have applied the patch to tmdb3.  If called with the date in (), it
> is obviously stripped by videometadata.cpp.  Changing the name to have
> the date at the end without () does indeed give the expected results.
>
> My preference would be of course to keep the date within () so it
> would work equally well for plex and mythtv.  Are you aware of any
> work to use/retain any of the data within () in videometadata?
>
> Michael
>
> Having a filename with a year in braces is not a supported filename
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
>
> Your options
>
> -File a feature request for adding the year in braces. The year could
> be saved in the year attribute and explicitly used when calling tmdb3.py
>
> -Only when you are comfortable with compiling/configure/git/debugging
>
> oCompile your on Mythtv: delete the eatBraces lines
>
> ohttps://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source

Thanks Angela,

It seems like the easiest way to make this work and to support (date)
format is to modify videometadata.cpp eatBraces and have it strip
anything between ( ) unless it is (YEAR) and then leave it alone.  That
should get passed on then to tmdb3.py which supports that format with
the other patch.

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Michael

<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blame/master/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/videometadata.cpp#L1165>