[mythtv-users] IPTV HTTP Streaming

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:19:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM, John Corps <envoys at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would appear that it is validation based on username and password only.
>
> I am attempting to view the streams inside myth but it's not letting me do
> so unless I go to the post-validation URL. It's not breaking any TOS as they
> give the option to use on any device that supports it.
>
> Somehow there has to be a way to follow that redirection inside of myth.

The redirect may be passing along other headers
that the myth logic may not be passing along
(or the redirect logic is broken in the HLS specific
download code (as I recall, it does not use the
standard mythdownloadmanager)).  You might
be able to see what myth is doing by decoding
the network packets.

You might try compiling with -DHLS_USE_MYTHDOWNLOADMANAGER
to see if using the alternative download code
works differently.  Note that the reason not to use
the default download manager is that it (apparently)
has some leak, and it is limited to the number of
concurrent streams, so this is really just testing
to see if the code being used needs to be adjusted.