[mythtv-users] Frontend services API - Main Menu jumppoint

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:41:16 UTC 2017

I am having some inconsistent behaviour with the global main menu jumppoint action using the services api.

If I am playing a recording and do the following command in a terminal:
curl --data "action=Main Menu" http://127.0.0.1:6547/Frontend/SendAction

I get the following back and the display jumps back to the main menu as expected.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><bool>true</bool>

However if the frontend is in the watch recordings screen with the recordings list up and I run the same command I get the exact same response in the terminal (ie true) but then nothing happens on the frontend and it remains in the watch recordings screen.

While still in the watch recordings screen if I send a message like:
curl --data "message=Hello World" http://127.0.0.1:6547/Frontend/SendMessage
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><bool>true</bool>

The message displays as expected.

I can acknowledge the message using:
curl --data "Key=Enter" http://127.0.0.1:6547/Frontend/SendKey
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><bool>true</bool>

So I believe the services api is working correctly. But for the Main Menu jumppoint to work I have to start playing a recording first.

I believe that the jumppoints are global so I assume it's not a config thing. Running fixes/0.28 with a pull from a few days ago.

The purpose for using the jumppoint is to jump back to the first screen as part of a frontend sleep script.