[mythtv-users] DVB-T2 HD in Germany

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Tue Feb 21 21:57:52 UTC 2017

Tino Mettler wrote:
> The frontend reports "Stream #0, has id 0x562 codec id E-AC3" and "Stream #1, has id 0x566 codec id
> DVB_TELETEXT", so it looks like the real stream #0 which contains the
> video is ignored.
>
> Any other ideas what else I could try? Are the PIDs stored in the DB
> somewhere?
Maybe, your MythTV installation is compiled without H.265 support, which
is needed to decode DVB-T2 HD in Germany?

Of course, only unencrypted channels are available for MythTV.

I also had some trouble to setup the new DVB-T2 HD channels first time.
It helped to reboot the PC (because the USB stick was in an inconsistent
state), to delete all existing channels and to setup all channels with
MythTV setup. After initial setup DVB-T2 HD runs stable.

Greetings,
Björn