[mythtv-users] Issues with tmbd3 matching - looking for input

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:48:52 UTC 2017

> Videos/Harry.Potter.Deathly.Hallows.Pt.1.2010/
>
> would strip the 2010 and perform a correct lookup, but
>
> Videos/Spotlight.2015.m2ts
>
> would lead to the same behavior that Michael saw. I tried to dig around
> the find the regexp and what exactly it was doing, but ran out of time
> before I could fully trace the behavior from scanvideos ~> regexp ~>
> capture groups ~> external command line parameters.

> I think the correct name for that movie is Harry Potter and the Deathly
> Hallows Part 1 (2010) .. It's the name I use and have never had any
> problems... One other thing is that the date should always be in
> parentheses..

The trick is to get a query that uniquely returns a movie, and "Harry
Potter Deathly Hallows Pt 1" manages to do that:

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?language=en-US&query=Harry+Potter+Deathly+Hallows+Pt+1

I've tried date with and without parenthesis and it doesn't seem to make a
difference, at least based on the backend logs from the mythutil
--scanvideos operation. E.g.,

Thor.m2ts

returns too many responses, and

Thor (2011).m2ts