[mythtv-users] Channellock

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Feb 15 03:30:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 19:40:01 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>since last week, I have some trouble with MythTV, because some
>recordings were not recorded. There is enough HDD Space (approx. 20%)
>free. After System Restart, I've tried to watch TV, but it is not
>possible. I got the Message that there is a channel lock (ger.: "Sie
>sollten inzwischen einen Senderlock erhalten haben. Sie können weiterhin
>auf ein Signal warten, oder mit Up oder Down den Sender, mit Y die
>Videoquelle, mit C den Eingang usw. wechseln.".
>
>The TV channels are free, the Tuners are all available and the record
>shedule is empty. Any ideas why TV does not work?
>
>Cheers, D.

Some DVB-T channels here in New Zealand have a much longer tuning time
than others.  When I upgraded to 0.28, I had to adjust all my DVB-T
tuners to use 10000 for the capturecard.channel_timeout field in order
to get our TV3 channel to tune properly.  The default is only 3000.
There seems to have been a change between 0.27 and 0.28 that makes the
right setting for channel_timeout much more important.  Previously, it
would tune TV3 OK, but it seems to have done that by timing out and
re-trying.  Now, if it times out, it seems it will fail to tune.  To
adjust the channel_timeout settings, run mythtv-setup and select
"Capture cards".  For each of the DVB-T(2) cards, on the first screen,
change the "Tuning timeout (ms)" setting.

If that is not your problem, then it would be best to add the "-v
record" option to mythbackend and then post the resulting logs to show
what is happening.  In Mythbuntu 16.04, you can add arguments to the
mythbackend command line by creating a file:

  /etc/mythtv/additional.args

In that file, put a line like:

  ADDITIONAL_ARGS=-v record

The additional.args file should be group and user mythtv:

  sudo chown mythtv:mythtv /etc/mythtv/additional.args

To restart mythbackend, wait until MythTV is not busy then do:

  sudo systemctl restart mythtv-backend