[mythtv-users] Anybody using an Nvidia Shield as an FE? Tegra X1, 3GB RAM

Paul Gallaway paul at gallaway.ca
Wed Feb 8 16:36:18 UTC 2017

​
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just picked up a $200 Nvidia Shield TV box so I could use Kodi and
> Amazon TV in 4K. It's a fairly beefy system and was wondering if anybody
> has tried installing MythTV for ARM on one. I see that people are running
> Myth on a Raspberry Pi but the Shield is running Android, so I'm wondering
> if the OS might be the limiting factor.

There's a couple players (Mythling by Donald Oakes and MythTV Player by
Daniel Frey) in the Play Store if you haven't checked there. I don't use
them regularly so not sure what version of MythTV backend they require, not
sure if they will work on the Shield, but that might be the path of least
resistance to getting something like a frontend going compared to
installing an alternative OS and compiling mythfrontend lite for ARM etc.