[mythtv-users] Support via email group versus forum??

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Feb 6 17:01:49 UTC 2017

> > On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone explain this to me??
> >
> > The likely best answer is that while the email
> > list worked, some felt that enabling interaction
> > via a forum would be a positive step for the
> > community, so one was made available as a
> > choice.  There is no one right way to interact,
> > and there is no plan to eliminate either.  Not
> > everyone will choose to participate in all
> > locations, others will be active everywhere.
> >

> As the person that setup the forum, this is pretty much
> it. Some people like forums, some like email.
>
> I have some future work planned for it, a major version
> upgrade and integration with a single sign on solution,
> which will allow social logins. The same SSO solution will
> also be done to the wiki, hopefully making things better
> for everyone!

I don't know that I have ever looked at the forums, but I do know that some
forum software does have the capability to act as a mailing list as well
(with wide variations in quality)

That would be the best of both worlds if you ask me. Something like google
groups, where you can participate entirely via email if you desire, or use
the browser.

It is a shame that the implementation of the forums has fragmented the
community.  Would be great to bring it back together if it were possible.