[mythtv-users] Asus 90MB0QY1-M0EAY0 Tinker Board

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:08:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:52 PM, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:

> It isn't just about RAM. 64bit instructions can, under the right
> circumstances be more efficient.

Yes, and in other circumstances less efficient.  Your
application will vary.  Have you tested MythTV in both
architectures to share any statistically significant
conclusions?

> My bigger concern, though, is that most of the larger platforms are dropping
> 32bit support, and that makes me concerned that 32bit platforms are turning
> into the processor equivalent of the red-headed step child.

In the x86 world, yes, in the ARM world, not so much (yet),
although the rumor is Apple will be dropping 32 bit support
with iOS 11 (so sell your iPhone 5 today, before its value
drops?).