[mythtv-users] XMLTV updated - tv_grab_sd_json renamed
veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Dec 30 09:34:57 UTC 2017
---- On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 09:06:37 +0000 Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote ----
> On Sat, 2017-12-30 at 08:14 +0000, Tim Draper wrote:
> > not sure if this is best in a bug ticket, but are the devs aware that
> > xmltv 0.5.70 (current latest) has changed the tv_grab_sd_json
> > filename? it's now tv_grab_xx_json.
> ITYM tv_grab_zz_sdjson, at least that is what I have.
> > just configured my BE with the latest xmltv package and when running
> > mythfilldatabase, it's now erroring with the following:
> > E tv_grab_sd_json --capabilities failed or we timed out waiting.
> > You may need to upgrade your xmltv grabber
> > E Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_sd_json is not supported. You
> > may need to upgrade to the latest version of XMLTV.
> > i'll revert back to 0.5.69 (which release notes also states the
> > filename change)
> Can't you just switch your config to use tv_grab_zz_sdjson instead?
> That's what I did (ages ago, since the name started to be used a few
> releases back, it's just the compat link to the old name is now
> removed) and it works for me. 0.5.69 should have the compat link.
> I might be wrong but I don't see any references to any specific
> tv_grab_* in the mythtv source, so I don't think there would be
> anything to update on the myth side.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
ok, seems you've found a problem with my config. mythtv-setup seems to run 'tv_find_grabbers' to fill the list of the 'tv_grab...' scripts. if their not discoverable in $PATH, then mythtv wont find it.
i figured it was todo with the updated name.
got that issue sorted now and mythtv-setup is now showing the xmltv entries.
More information about the mythtv-users