[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect changes - new record rules not working

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu Dec 28 12:42:49 UTC 2017

SD have changed their lineup for our channels so i've had to re-configure things.
about 2 years ago i moved from Atlas to SD and i dont seem to have any notes on how i implemented the SD lineup.

based off my browser bookmarks it looks like i used https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_Schedules_Direct_in_the_UK#Update_MythTV as a base so i use it this time too.

first up, i removed the existing .cache and .conf files and started fresh with:
tv_grab_sd_json --configure

set it up for freesat (DVB-S2), mythtv 5digit channelID, and channel mode (vs lineup). The .conf file looks good.
do the same with freeview (DVB-T2) and it appears to add it to the same .conf file.

the wiki test step works fine (tv_grab_sd_json --config-file FILENAME.conf  --output /tmp/xmltv.xml)

i then use symlinks from the .mythtv/tuner_source.xmltv file, to .xmltv/whatever.conf no changes there from old & new SD config so i proceed to run mythfilldatabase.
all seems good and guide data is being completed for my current channels in mythweb.

existing recording rules are now filling up to the 2 week guide data period so that seems fine.
however if i try to create a new recording rule for a new show, mythweb seems to accept it but it doesn't actually show any queued shows in the 'upcoming recordings' tab, and no highlighting in the guide page either.

i'm running v29