[mythtv-users] video artifacts on recordings: could building a raid be the cause?

jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 15:50:21 UTC 2017

I have had what looks like the effect of poor signal on a recording, the
same as described at the top of the thread. This occurred when writing 4
HD channels to a SATA drive (not used by the database) and watching a
different channel. Machine load was < 10%.
I know that when poor reception is the cause the backend logs the fact
and marks the recording as failed. Frontend shows a red box round the
program.
Is there any way of telling whether disk access time is causing a problem?
Anything logged?
Does the backend stall waiting is there a throw away mechanism. The
other three simultaneous recordings were perfect.