[mythtv-users] IPTV m3u import from cli

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 17:22:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

Whenever, channel lineup changes for IPTV (changes in iptv.m3u file) I
need to stop mythbackend and import the file using  Input
Connnections>FREEBOX>Scan for channels. Is it possible to trigger this
using command line?

For my other tuner types i use `/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase  --file
--sourceid 1 --xmlfile myxmlfile`

But for IPTV it doesnt update the channel lineups and complains like,

2017-12-25 22:42:37.149746 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier: BBC -
Skipping channel.

I was hoping that it will pull in the new xmltv identifier above
automatically.

Thanks