[mythtv-users] Foxtel Now and MythTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Dec 25 01:16:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 07:43:08 +1100, you wrote:

>In Australia There is a service called Foxtel Now. Unlike Foxtel it doesn't
>require a set top box. You can access it via an app. Recently they launched
>a "puck" device based on Android TV which works over WiFi and has an HDMI
>out connection.
>
>Does anyone know if it's possible to record programs from this on MythTV?

It looks like it is just a streaming service.  So it really then
depends on how it does its authentication and encryption and if MythTV
can use the same methods.  Given that it seems to require the Chrome
browser on a PC, I would suspect that it uses a plugin and that might
make it difficult to use with MythTV.