[mythtv-users] mythtv under Gentoo Linux

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:38:28 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Jonatan Lindblad <mythtv at comhem.se> wrote:
> Den 2017-12-21 kl. 20:11, skrev Tom Dexter:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Unfortunately, since MythTV itself has no compile option to exclude
>> QtDbus (it's based solely on whether it happens to be installed), it's
>> currently not possible to add a USE flag for that.
>

> Fortunately, you are incorrect ;)  It is possible to pass --disable-qtdbus
> to the configure script.  It's been like this since 0.25 as far as I can
> tell, although it is not mentioned in the help printout.
>
> Jonatan

Wow. I was not aware of that. So I take that by virtue of qtdbus being
in the MYTHTV_CONFIG_LIST, that disable option works, but was just
never added to the help(?). Funnily, when I brought this up on the dev
list, nobody mentioned that:

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/dev/611106

Good to know. Thanks! I guess that means that in theory udisks and
dbus could be switchable with a USE flag.

Tom