[mythtv-users] converting home movies via mythtv?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Wed Dec 20 18:03:58 UTC 2017

i’ve been putting off this task, but maybe it’s time.  I have a bunch of home movies that originally were on tape and were converted to DVD years ago.  I then copied the DVDs to my NAS for safe keeping.  But they are hard to work with in that DVD format. lots of .VOB files and DVD menu files, etc.  If I could convert these to mp4 (h.264) files they would be better for storing online in a safe place.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this.  Are some of the Job’s in Mythtv good for this??

Jim A