[mythtv-users] Capture setup help

James B. Huber jbhuber at judahnet.net
Wed Dec 20 15:00:13 UTC 2017

Folks,
  I am sure someone must have done this before, it seems like it should
be simple, but so far it is eluding me.

I have been using old PVR-500 cards, work fine but wanted to get better
than SD resolution. So, my setup that I am trying to get working looks
like this:

Cable-box -> hdmi-splitter -> FBE200

The hdmi-splitter handles hdmi-cp issues, the FBE200 streams over the
network either http, rtp, rtmp, etc.

I use an IR-Blaster to set the channel on the cable-box.

Setting up IPTV in Myth, have done the m3u playlist etc, but there
doesn't appear to be anyway to configure the setup to use an external
channel-changer script.

Have also looked at live http streaming recorder setup, but same issue.

Any bright ideas ?

FWIW running 0.28.1-17 on CentOS 6.9

Thank in Advance,
Jim