[mythtv-users] mythfrontend with Chromecast Audio

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Dec 18 04:16:24 UTC 2017

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:56:50 -0500, you wrote:

>I run a mythrontend on a Linux laptop with a poor speaker. It would be
>nice to get the audio to come out on a Google Home device.
>
>I tried mkchromecast (maybe not optimally) and the audio lag was way too
>much to be useable.
>
>Is there another way?

Audio sync is adjustable in mythfrontend.  While playing a recording
or a video, use M (menu) > Audio > Adjust audio sync.  The setting is
global and is stored separately for each frontend.  In the settings
database, it is AudioSyncOffset.  I have mine set to +120 ms to allow
for the processing done by my TV.