[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Sat Dec 16 23:27:41 UTC 2017

Hello!

I have used MythTV for many years but when it comes to capture cards and
channel scanning I have never really understood how to configure this
correctly. This means that whenever I have to change something about
this it feels it is trial and error before I get it to work again.

Could someone please tell me if there is something wrong with my current
configuration or if I should do some changes that makes it easier to
maintain?

Capture Cards:
- Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500
  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0]
  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0]
- pctv tripleStick 292e
  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0]

Video Sources:
- Digital terrestrial television in Sweden (DVB-T and DVB-T2)
  DVB-T_Tuner1, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west
  DVB-T_Tuner2, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west
  DVB-T2, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west

Input Connections:
- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T_Tuner1
- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T_Tuner2
- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T2

For this I have 3 different configuration files for xmltv.

Maybe since all capture cards receive the stream from the same antenna
it should be enough with with one single video source and the input
connections all reference this single video source?

And also one single configuration file för xmltv would be enough?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson