[mythtv-users] Using mythweb without internet access

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Dec 8 08:51:34 UTC 2017

 ---- On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 03:19:47 +0000 Mike Hodson <mystica at gmail.com> wrote ----
 why rely on anything remote if its meant to be used only on a LAN?
 > Mike

+1 on this. With the growing trend of IoT/embedded kit and the attached security concerns i've got part of my DHCP range in a firewall blackhole. does not allow traffic in either direction.
While my BE is on a shared functionality server where I do need internet access, if I were to get really strict on it, mythtv would run on it's own IP and i'd block that IP from net access. running in a Docker container could be another potential case where internet isnt allowed.