[mythtv-users] Fresh install of Mythtv version 29

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Mon Dec 4 16:53:57 UTC 2017

Since I had problems trying to upgrade a production system from 0.28 to 29, I tried building a new Xubuntu 16.04.3 system as a test case.

I added the repository PPA:mythbuntu/0.29. And then installing the package mythtv.  It installed just fine. I did setup a link from /etc/mythtv/config.xml to the .mythtv/config.xml before running the frontend due to past issues, but not sure if it’s still required.  Once the backend was setup with a tuner and storage locations, I could watch TV, etc.

Everything worked as expected. but one observation.  It systems to have install MariaDB. I wasn’t expecting that.

Jim A