[mythtv-users] building system without mythbuntu control center

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Mon Dec 4 10:39:09 UTC 2017

On 12/03/2017 08:40 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca<mailto:ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>> wrote:
On Dec 3, 2017, at 5:40 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com<mailto:jfabernathy at outlook.com>> wrote:

I’ve always built my mythtv systems with mythbuntu 14.04 or 16.04.  So I’ve used MCC a lot.  However, I’d like to build a new one as a test case with Mythtv 29 and Xubuntu and NOT use MCC.  So I need to know how to do the things MCC does for me. Specifically:

1.  MySQL setup for remote frontends
2.  Setting repositories
3.  Setting roles
4.  Setting startup behavior.
5.  Setting up Services

What I plan on doing once Xubuntu 16.04 is installed is:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.29
sudo apt update
sudo apt install mythtv

Is what MCC does documented anywhere?

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:User_Manual

Craig

Rather than installing 'mythtv' you probably want just 'mythtv-frontend' on your other frontends (and 'mythtv-backend-master' for you master backend)
--
-Thomas

on my FE only systems I do only install mythtv-frontend.  But my BE is used as a FE also, so I just install mythtv on it.  However, the stuff I do with MCC on the BE, I don't see documented in the User Manual, so I'm not sure how to make sure I can do everything I may need.

Jim A