[mythtv-users] when and how to upgrade to 0.29

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sat Dec 2 12:47:34 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 07:00 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:26:04 +0000, you wrote:
>
>> One further question on upgrading.  When I add the repository for 29 to my system and do the update/upgrade, do I need to remove the 0.28 repository?
>>
>> Jim A
> Once the upgrade has completed successfully, yes.  Use
> apt-add-repository -r, or delete all the old references to it from the
> files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory.

Well I was not one of the lucky ones who had no issues upgrading.  I
didn't get any errors during upgrade, but my Frontend on the backend
would not connect.  I checked some logs and I got some errors in the
backend and frontend logs, something related to bad socket. The funny
thing is that Kodi could play a recorded tv program but it took several
minutes for the database in Kodi to completely download from the backend.

In the interest of time, just blew everything away and restored back to
my old Mybuntu 16.04/mythtv 0.28.  I'll stay here for now.  Might try a
fresh build sometime with 29 when I don't have 800GB of recordings to
backup and restore.

Jim A